The investigations of the detectives at the Giza Security Directorate concluded that there was no criminal suspicion in a fire that broke out in a residential apartment in Dokki. Preliminary investigations indicated that an electrical short circuit caused the fire to break out, without injuries.
The detectives conducted an inspection of the apartment, to limit the damage to its contents, and the necessary legal measures were taken, a report of the incident was issued, and the competent prosecution took over the investigation.
A report was received by the emergency room in Giza, stating that a fire broke out in a residential apartment in Dokki, and a number of fire engines were dispatched, and civil protection men were able to surround and extinguish the fire before it spread to neighboring properties, and the necessary legal measures were taken, and a report was issued on the incident, and the competent prosecution began the investigation.
The Civil Protection Department presented a set of errors that most citizens fall into during the winter season, during which electrical diamonds cause fires inside apartments and houses, and included recommendations for how to deal with electrical appliances and energy sources that may lead to fires as a result of electric diamonds, including:
– Run heaters for many hours because they lead to fires resulting from electric diamonds.
– Operating the heater in a completely closed room and not leaving part of the door or window open during its operation.
– Failure to close the heater during sleep causes fires or suffocation for sleepers, and it must be turned on before going to sleep to warm the room, then it is closed when sleeping.
– Not checking the heater wires every once in a while and replacing the damaged ones.
– Preventing a distance of more than one meter between the furnishings and the heater in the room.
– Do not place the heater on a floor of wood or any flammable material and place it on a hard floor such as ceramic, which is the best.
– A lot of heaters will be used to dry clothes, as some people use them in the winter.-
– Not being careful to use heaters of good quality and conforming to the specifications--
Frequent operation of any electrical source in case of suspected gas leakage.
– Operating more than one device on one subscriber to prevent fires.
– Placing electrical appliances next to liquids
– Not to replace the cutting and connecting device (protection) when sparks are observed from it during work.
Not constantly reviewing electrical loads.
– Operate water heaters permanently to prevent electric diamond fires.
– Placing gas cylinders in the sun and making sure not to overload the electricity meters.
– Run heaters except in the family’s presence, especially in closed rooms.
Place furniture over electrical wires or under carpets or rugs.
Frequently connecting any electrical device to one source of current in order to avoid the outbreak of fires in homes or homes