The governor of Belgorod, Russia’s border with Ukraine, announced today, Tuesday, that the number of victims who have been killed in his region by the fire of Ukrainian forces since Russia began its large-scale attack on its neighbor 11 months ago has reached 25 dead and 100 wounded.
Vyacheslav Gladkov told President Vladimir Putin during a meeting, the proceedings of which were broadcast on state Russian television, that “Ukraine, the enemy, is bombing peaceful villages. We have 25 dead and 96 wounded,” and this is the first time since the start of the Russian attack on Ukraine on February 24, 2022 that the Russian authorities have announced Officially, the number of its dead in a region.
Last Sunday, the Norwegian Chief of Staff, Erik Christophersen, announced in an interview with TV2 that “the losses among the Russian forces are close to 180,000 killed or wounded.”
The Norwegian general added, “The Ukrainian losses probably exceeded 100,000 killed or wounded, in addition to that, about 30,000 civilians were killed in this terrible war.”-
Russia and Ukraine have not provided any reliable figures on their losses for months.--
And in November, US Chief of Staff Mark Milley said that the Russian army had suffered losses of more than 100,000 soldiers killed or wounded, with a similar outcome “probably” on the Ukrainian side.
And the Norwegian Chief of Staff confirmed, on Sunday, that despite its heavy losses, Russia is able to continue (this war) for a long time, citing Moscow’s capabilities in mobilization and weapons production, according to AFP.
He continued, “The most worrying thing is whether Ukraine will be able to keep the Russian Air Force out of the war,” while it has so far been able to keep it out of the war to a large extent “thanks to Ukrainian anti-aircraft.”