Al-Marsad Newspaper: The medicinal herb senna is considered one of the herbs that treats many diseases related to the digestive system, such as indigestion, constipation, and hemorrhoids, according to “Web Medicine”.
Among its most important benefits
It promotes the health of the digestive system. It was found that the herb senna helps reduce some disorders of the digestive system, including the following:
1. Treats constipation The glycosides present in the leaves of the senna herb cause contractions that increase bowel movement, and thus contribute to the elimination of food waste within a short period of only 6-12 hours after eating a meal. The US Food and Drug Administration has also approved senna as a non-prescription laxative for the treatment of constipation.
2. Colon Cleansing Senna leaves have been used in traditional Chinese medicine to get rid of stagnant food in the stomach. On the other hand, it is used as a natural antiseptic before a colonoscopy or colonoscopy.
3. Treats hemorrhoids One of the benefits of the herb is that it contributes to the treatment of anal tears and hemorrhoids, because it helps to reduce swelling, and facilitates defecation in sick conditions, such as: anal fissure. This is due to the fact that the unique compounds present in the herb senna lead to the separation of non-sugar portions in the colon, which increases peristaltic movements in the intestinal tract, which speeds up the passage of stool out of the intestine.
4. Treats indigestion. The herb is very effective in relieving symptoms associated with indigestion, such as heartburn, nausea, and constant belching. When added with aromatic herbs, it reduces the accumulation of irritating gases in the stomach. Thus reducing bloating.
5. You lose weight
One of the benefits of senna is that it reduces weight, as a result of the herb’s action as a strong laxative that helps eliminate undigested foods in the large intestine, which increases the efficiency of the metabolism process. Which in turn leads to weight loss.-
6. Contributes to reducing the growth of bacteria--
The essential oils extracted from this herb have antibacterial properties, which prevents bacteria from multiplying, especially when infected with infections. Chewing senna leaves can also treat mouth infections and gingivitis.
Aesthetic benefits of senna The benefits of senna are not limited to the medical field, they also have a role in the aesthetic field, and the most important aesthetic benefits of the senna herb are the following:
Promotes healthy skin The senna herb is an effective and inexpensive treatment for glowing and healthy skin, as it works on the following:
1. Protect against skin diseases The essential oils available in the herb can be used to treat ringworm, which is a fungal infection that appears on the upper layers of the skin. The herb can also be used in cases of wounds and burns.
2. Treats skin infections Creams made from senna leaves are very effective in treating acne and eczema, due to its antibacterial properties, in addition to containing acetone and ethanol, which fight microorganisms that cause various skin infections. Promotes healthy hair This herb is used to treat multiple hair problems, such as:
1. Strengthen the hair To get shiny and strong hair, you can mix the senna powder with water and milk, add lemon juice and herbal infusion, then apply it on the hair, cover it with a plastic cap until it dries, and finally rinse it with warm water after a few hours.
2. Softens hair One of the aesthetic benefits of the herb is that it is a great option for adding softness, strengthening and thickening hair, but at first it may get dry, but the desired benefits will appear after a few days.
3. Reduces hair loss The role of the senna herb is not only limited to beautifying your hair, but also improves the condition of the scalp and rid you of annoying dandruff, and it is one of the excellent natural herbs to combat hair loss as well, and increase its intensity.