Al Marsad Newspaper: Gum Arabic is famous for its many uses, especially in herbal medicine and ancient traditional remedies.
One of the most important benefits of gum arabic
1. The effect of gum arabic on cholesterol levels. It is a high source of soluble fiber that contributes to lowering cholesterol.
2. Gum diseases and oral health Many experiments have shown that gum has an effect on oral and dental health by strengthening the gums and combating their diseases, preventing the growth of harmful bacteria in the mouth, and preventing the formation of plaque. In a clinical study that examined the effect of chewing gum made of gum arabic for seven days, it was found that: Enhanced gum and oral health. Fight plaque formation. Especially if we compare it to regular gum.
3. A high source of fiber One of the benefits of gum arabic is that it is famous for being a high source of dietary fiber, as 90% of its components are water-soluble fibers, which: Enhances the functioning of the digestive system. Contributes to reducing the risk of heart disease and arteries.
4. Promoting digestive health One of the benefits of gum arabic is that it is a high source of dietary fiber, which makes it: An effective remedy against constipation. Helps relieve symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). It enhances the functioning of the intestines and digestive system, and forms suitable food for beneficial gut bacteria.-
5- Regulating sugar levels in a diabetic patient It was found that the consumption of gum by a diabetic patient contributes to regulating blood sugar levels.--
6. Treatment of colds and sore throat It was found that gum arabic: contributes to relieving irritation in the mucous membranes. Reduces symptoms of common cold and influenza. Contributes to the treatment of sore throat and cough and accelerates the healing of mouth ulcers and wounds.
7. Loss of weight The fact that gum arabic is a high source of dietary fiber, this feature makes it play a role in the process of losing weight and losing it, as the fiber helps to fill the stomach and increase the sense of satiety and thus reduce the amount of food eaten.
The uses of gum arabic
Gum Arabic has a number of uses for which it was famous since ancient times, especially among the ancient Egyptians, the most important of which are: the treatment of wounds and burns. Treating digestive problems. Colds and coughs. Gonorrhea. leprosy.
In addition to the previous one, its modern uses have evolved into: It is used in the field of pharmacy and the manufacture of medicines and pills. It is used as an emulsifier in many industries. It is used to heal wounds. Prevents the growth of bacteria.