The Department of Meteorology at the Directorate General of Civil Aviation expected the weather tomorrow to be partly cloudy in general with high clouds with a rise in temperatures, especially in mountainous areas, and active winds at times.
The bulletin stated the following:
– General condition: The depression will gradually recede from the eastern basin of the Mediterranean, starting in the afternoon. (The average temperature on the coast for the month of December is between 13 and 21 degrees).
– Expected weather in Lebanon:
Thursday: Cloudy with scattered rain, especially in the northern areas in the morning, a slight drop in temperatures and snow at an altitude of 1600 meters and above, and thick fog forms on mountain roads. The weather gradually improves starting in the afternoon and turns into a few clouds in the evening, and snow forms on the roads starting from a height of 2000 meters and above.
Friday: Partly cloudy in general with high clouds with high temperatures, especially in mountainous areas, and active winds sometimes.
Saturday: Few clouds with an additional and limited increase in temperature and sometimes active winds.
Sunday: Cloudy overall with high clouds with an additional and limited rise in temperatures.
– The temperature on the coast is from 11 to 21 degrees, over the mountains from 8 to 16 degrees, inside from 7 to 14 degrees.
– Surface wind: southwesterly, gusting between 25 and 45 km/hr.
Visibility: Good on the rocks, sometimes worse on the mountains due to fog.
– Relative humidity on the coast: between 55 and 85%.
Sea state: average wave height, surface water temperature: 22 degrees.
Atmospheric pressure: 767 mm Hg.
Sunrise hour: 6,32.
Sunset hour: 16:30.