The coalition said in a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency, Was, that the military operation to destroy the boats came after careful surveillance and intelligence reconnaissance to “neutralize and destroy the sources of the maritime threat in the Bab al-Mandab Strait and the southern Red Sea.”
The coalition added that “its military efforts have contributed to protecting maritime shipping lines and global trade, as a total of 91 remotely-managed booby-trapped boats were discovered and destroyed, posing a direct threat to maritime security in the Bab al-Mandab Strait and the southern Red Sea.”
The coalition had announced earlier that 4 booby-trapped boats were destroyed in the coastal camp of Al-Jabbana in Al-Hodeidah, before carrying out imminent attacks.
In its previous statement, the coalition said: “We carried out an operation targeting a site for assembling and detonating booby-trapped boats in the coastal camp of Al-Jabbana in Hodeidah. 4 booby-trapped boats were destroyed at the site, which were prepared to carry out hostile operations and imminent attacks.”
The coalition added that its efforts contributed “to protecting shipping lines and international trade in the Bab al-Mandab strait and the southern Red Sea.”
On the other hand, the Houthi group’s Saba news agency reported that one person was killed and five people, most of them Africans, were wounded by Saudi army fire in Saada during the past 24 hours.
A Houthi military source told the agency, today, Sunday, that the coalition forces “committed 212 violations, including 3 raids on the city of Hodeidah, and 3 raids on Saleef, while the aviation launched seven raids on the port, Kilo 16 and 50.”
The source spoke of “the killing of a citizen and the wounding of 5 other people, including four African migrants… in the Al Sheikh and Al Azza areas of the Munabbih border district, Saada governorate.”
He stated that the coalition warplanes launched 16 raids on the Al-Jawbah district, and three raids on the Serwah district in the Marib governorate.