There are warnings from time to time that headphones can cause cancer, but it’s not often discussed thoroughly and decisively. Usually, some common misconceptions are not born and propagated out of thin air, and may have some facts attached to them. Indeed, with the continuous development of technology, along with the many benefits, there is likely to be potential for health side effects due to modern technology devices such as phones, laptops, etc., which can often be many and dangerous, according to the report. A report published by the Boldsky website, which is concerned with health affairs
Experts around the world advise people to use technology and tools responsibly to avoid or reduce associated health risks.
Among the many technological innovations, which are being warned about their frequent use, mobile phones topped the list, followed by earphones and headphones, and finally, AirPods joined the list.
The real reasons
There have been many claims and reports indicating that the constant use of headphones, especially Bluetooth headphones, AirPods and earbuds, can be harmful to human brain health, and even lead to cancer, according to the following data and sequence:
• Some reports have claimed that EMR electromagnetic radiation that AirPods and Bluetooth headphones put into the ear canal can cause cell damage and tumor formation.
• Several studies have claimed that continued use of Bluetooth devices during pregnancy can cause adverse effects, including an increased risk of losing a pregnancy more than usual or having children with ADHD.
• In 2015, rumors that wireless headphones could cause cancer gained public attention.
• The first wireless Bluetooth headphones were released in 2004 and the assumptions took about 11 years, which can be considered as evidence that these claims are not true.
• In 2015, more than 200 scientists around the world wrote to the World Health Organization and the United Nations to demand that international guidelines for electromagnetic radiation be installed.
• The letter claimed that several studies have found that levels of radiation lower than those emitted by Bluetooth devices can increase the risk of cancer and other health problems.
• Later, in 2019, there were allegations that AirPods could cause cancer.
• Allegedly, radiation from these wireless inventions can damage brain cells and even lead to hearing loss.
Studies show that the radiation emitted when using wireless/bluetooth devices such as AirPods and headphones is much lower than forms of radiation such as cell phones, X-rays or UV rays.
Radiation from wireless or Bluetooth devices is called non-ionizing radiation, meaning that the radiation is very weak and cannot cause or cause any health problems or serious diseases, such as cancer. And the amount of radiation in wireless Bluetooth headphones, to be exact, is 10 to 400 times lower.
source of danger
And it remains one point, which must be taken into account, which is that experts indicated that the long-term use of Bluetooth earphones due to their proximity to the brain, as explained by the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization, that electromagnetic radiation emitted by mobile phones and devices has been included. Bluetooth on carcinogenic sources.
But official warnings say radiation and EMR from Bluetooth devices are so low that the potential risk is limited only to cases where the individual user is in direct contact with radiation for extensive periods.
Safety rules instead of regrets
There are some precautions you can take Although there are no direct links between using a Bluetooth wireless device and cancer, experts suggest that people who use Bluetooth devices should take some simple precautions to reduce the risk of potential health problems, as follows:
• Keep the smartphone at least a quarter of a meter away from the face.
• If the duration of the mobile phone call is long, the loudspeaker feature can be used.
• Use mobile phones only when the signal strength is good because poor reception or low range emits more radiation.
• When purchasing Bluetooth devices, you should invest in health and safety indirectly by choosing trusted brands known for their quality.
• Avoid using AirPods or headphones all day long; If the user is at home, they can listen to music through a speaker.
• Devices are kept out of bed at bedtime.
• Remove wireless devices from the ears or head when not in use.
Password to survive the negative effects
Despite the emphasis on the importance of further studies on the link between the use of Bluetooth devices and cancer, experts suggest that the use of AirPods or other Bluetooth devices such as headphones does not put the user at risk of cancer, as long as it is not excessive With prolonged use, it can pose risks to hearing and lead to headaches in some people.