The Ministry of Health published an awareness leaflet today, Saturday, on this occasion, and wrote: “We advise you to pay attention to the health of your lungs and to stay away from smoking. Smoking puts the lung at risk and causes many diseases, as well as makes smokers more vulnerable to infection with the Corona virus.”
The Ministry of Health called on citizens to be careful to wash hands on an ongoing basis and to wear a medical mask, in order to prevent infection from respiratory diseases, especially the emerging corona virus.
The World Health Organization has confirmed that the evidence strongly indicates that smokers are more likely to be infected and suffer from infection with the emerging coronavirus by up to 50%, according to what Dr. own accounts on social media.
Causes of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
On this occasion, the Ministry of Health revealed the reasons that lead to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which were as follows:
- In the event that the individual is exposed to dust, fumes and chemicals in any place or workplace.
- When you have frequent or severe respiratory infections, especially in childhood.
- In the case of alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, which is a rare genetic condition.
- When a person smokes directly or is exposed to secondhand smoke.
- When you have asthma in childhood or have poor growth in the womb.
- When indoor air is polluted.