The former Czech star Pavel Nedved, vice president of the old lady club, said that Ronaldo “will stay with us”, after a warm-up friendly match that Juventus won over Cesena 3-1 led by his new-old coach Massimiliano Allegri, who returned to supervise the team after a disappointing experience with his former star Andrea Pirlo. It ended with ceding the local league title to rival Inter, after it was monopolized by “Bianconeri” for nine consecutive seasons.
“Ronaldo will return to training on Monday and he will stay with us” for the next season, which Juventus begins on August 22, when he is a guest of Udinese in the first stage of the local league, Nedved said.
And Nedved himself had previously reported in the middle of this month that the Portuguese star, crowned the European Championship top scorer despite his country’s exit from the final price and ceding the continental title, did not show any indication of his desire to leave.
The former international said: “Cristiano is on vacation. We have no indication from his surroundings that he wants to leave. We are waiting for his return on July 25 as scheduled.”
CR7 is still linked with the Turin giant for an additional season, which he joined in 2018 from Real Madrid, for three seasons.
Doubts arose about the future of the best player in the world five times, after Juventus failed to retain its title as the “Serie A” champion, and exited from the 16th round of the European Champions League, to return and painstakingly snatch in the last stage the qualification card to the mother continental competition by coming fourth, Just winning the local cup.