Today, Sunday, Sultan Haitham bin Tariq arrives in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, at the kind invitation of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, on his first official visit to the Kingdom since he took office on January 11, 2020.
Oman TV said that Sultan Haitham bin Tariq left for Saudi Arabia on an official visit, accompanied by a number of ministers, including the Ministry of Interior and Foreign Affairs, and investment promotion.
The visit comes as a confirmation of the depth of the historical relations between the Sultanate and the sisterly Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and based on the keenness of the leaderships of the two countries to strengthen the common ties that bring them together.
During the visit, “all aspects of cooperation that would raise the two countries to levels that meet the aspirations of their children and achieve the set goals and desired goals in all fields will be discussed, in order to reach results that serve the common interests of the two countries, and ensure a more prosperous, prosperous and bright present and future,” according to what was confirmed by the official statement of the visit. Which was broadcast by Oman News Agency.
During his visit, Sultan Haitham bin Tariq is accompanied by a high-level official delegation that includes:
1. Shihab bin Tariq Al Said, Deputy Prime Minister for Defense Affairs
2. Khalid bin Hilal bin Saud Al Busaidi, Minister of the Diwan of the Royal Court
3. Lieutenant-General Sultan bin Muhammad Al-Noamani, Minister of the Royal Office
4. Hamoud bin Faisal Al Busaidi, Minister of Interior
5. Badr bin Hamad bin Hamoud Al Busaidi, Minister of Foreign Affairs
6. Eng. Saeed bin Hamoud bin Saeed Al Maawali, Minister of Transport, Communications and Information Technology
7. Qais bin Mohammed bin Musa Al-Yousef, Minister of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion
8. Abdul Salam bin Mohammed Al Murshidi, Chairman of the Omani Investment Authority
9. Faisal bin Turki Al Said, the Sultanate’s ambassador to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
In addition, Badr bin Hamad Al Busaidi, Minister of Foreign Affairs, revealed the formation of a coordination council between the Sultanate and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, noting that the council “will provide the umbrella and reference that frames the next phase of cooperation between the two countries,” stressing at the same time that the visit will include “signing many agreements and memoranda of understanding.” Understanding in all areas that support common interests and benefits.