Smartphones offer multiple ways to prevent unknown callers from harassing users
Beirut (@aitnews) – 21/06/2021 . 16:40
Anonymous calls threaten you.. This is how you can block them on “iPhone” and “Android
- Anonymous calls may put your financial data and personal information at risk
- Smartphones are becoming more and more able to help stop such random calls
Phone calls from unknown callers have become a prominent threat, through which hackers and scammers can steal people’s financial data and personal information.
Indeed, smartphones are becoming more and more able to help stop and limit such malicious spam calls.
Although there are multiple ways to prevent unknown callers from harassing you, including via third-party apps in the App Store and Google Play, smartphones actually have a way to protect your privacy by blocking potentially harmful phone scam calls.
How to block unknown caller calls on iPhone
If you are using a phone Iphone It works on iOS 13 or any later version. There is a built-in feature that you can activate.
This feature is called Silence Unknown Callers, and it blocks phone numbers that have called you before and that you haven’t saved in your contact list.
To activate this feature, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on the Phone option.
- Scroll down and toggle the button next to Silence Unknown Callers to On.
Now, these calls from unknown numbers will be blocked and sent to voicemail directly, and will appear in the recent calls list.
However, Apple states that a person who shared their phone number with a user in an email message will be able to contact them.
How to block spam calls on Android phone
Android phones are different from each other, but the way to block any unknown caller is not very different.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app on your Android phone.
- Click on the three dots in the top right.
- In the menu that appears to you, click on the “Settings” option.
- Hence, there should be a number of options to block unknown incoming calls.
While these options on both Android and iPhone are not new, the recent increase in bot and unwanted calls over the past year shows that smartphone users should strive for better protection.aitnews“.
See also: Amid the large number of digital intrusions.. How do you keep your data confidential on the Internet?