The Houthis announce the targeting of an air base in southern Saudi Arabia with a drone

0
20


The military spokesman for the Houthi group in Yemen, Yahya Saree, announced, at dawn today, Sunday, the implementation of an offensive operation targeting the King Khalid Air Base in Khamis Mushait, southern Saudi Arabia, which was confirmed by the Saudi-Emirati coalition at a later time, referring to the interception of the march.
Saree said in a tweet on Twitter, “The Air Force was able, with God’s help, to carry out an attack operation at dawn today, Sunday, with a Qasef 2K plane, targeting King Khalid Air Base in Khamis Mushait,” adding that “the injury was accurate.”

He added, “This targeting comes within the framework of the legitimate right of response to the continuation of the aggression and its continued siege on Yemen.”
Later, the Saudi-Emirati coalition confirmed that it had intercepted an armed drone that was launched today, Sunday, towards the city of Khamis Mushait in the south of the Kingdom.

Houthis/Saudi Arabia/Getty

News

Live updates

The official Saudi Al-Ekhbariya TV quoted a coalition statement as saying that the drone had been destroyed.
The Houthis have repeatedly targeted Khamis Mushait and other Saudi cities on the border with Yemen. The coalition says it intercepts most attacks.







LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here