Saudi Foreign Minister: I presented an initiative for a ceasefire in Yemen

0
22


World – Saudi Arabia

The Saudi Foreign Minister, Faisal bin Farhan, claimed that he “did not see a response from the Houthis in Yemen to the ceasefire initiative,” as he put it.

“We affirm a political solution to the Yemeni crisis, and an end to the war in it,” Faisal bin Farhan said, forgetting his country’s refusal to lift the unjust siege imposed by the cooperation countries on the Yemeni people.

The Saudi minister claimed during his press conference with his Austrian counterpart, today, Tuesday, that “Ansar Allah movement is determined to escalate in Yemen, but he did not mention the unfair conditions against Yemenis that Saudi Arabia sets to stop the aggression.”

On the other hand, the Saudi foreign minister reiterated his speculations about the Iranian nuclear program, calling for “continuing negotiations on it,” as he put it.

It is noteworthy that the head of the Yemeni national delegation, Muhammad Abd al-Salam, said in previous statements that “breaking the siege does not require initiative, and bartering with the humanitarian file is a crime against an entire people.”

Abd al-Salam stressed that Saudi Arabia should announce stopping the aggression and lifting the siege, not presenting ideas that were previously discussed.

The head of the national delegation reiterated his country’s position on the necessity of lifting the siege, stressing that “any initiative that does not pay attention to the humanitarian aspect is not serious.”





LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here