Kia announced that a 2021 version of its Niro electric crossover will soon be available to consumers.
The automaker is quite transparent in admitting that the 2021 Kia Niro is essentially a 2020 EV. But with some technology and convenience improvements.
The Kia Niro debuted as a hybrid in the 2017 model year. It has since seen a PHEV version, as well as the all-electric model, which debuted in 2018.
The Niro EV shares the powertrain configuration with the Hyundai Kona EV.
Focused on a 64-kilowatt battery, the 2020 Kia Niro offers an EPA-estimated range of 239 miles (385 km) and 201 horsepower, along with 53 cubic feet of cargo space.
Kia announces 2021 Niro EV:
According للبيان Journalist, the 2021 Nero will be essentially the same EV as its 2020 predecessor, but with some improvements to comfort and technology.
The car has the same 64-kilowatt battery, an EPA estimated range of 239 miles (385 km), 201 horsepower, and 53 cubic feet of cargo space.
This does not mean that this will be a carbon copy of the 2020 model. And Kia did share some of the upgrades consumers can expect:
- Standard rear passenger alert (based on door logic).
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (EX).
- The remote start function allows pre-heating or cooling the cab.
- Expanded DriveWise Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). Including Vehicle Departure Alert, Highway Driving Assist, and Intelligent Cruise Control based on the navigation system.
Additionally, the 2021 Niro EX starts at an MSRP of $39,090. The 2020 Niro EX Premium retails for $44,590. While the 2021 EV is offered at $44,650.
The list of DriveWise features includes:
- Forward collision warning.
- Avoid frontal collision with camera and radar (vehicle, pedestrian and cyclist detection).
- Blind Spot Collision Warning with Rear Collision Warning.
- Lane Keeping with Lane Departure Warning System.
- Help to follow the path.
- Intelligent cruise control with stop-and-go function.
- Intelligent cruise control based on the navigation system.
- Highway driving assistant.
- High beam assistant.
- Driver Attention Warning with Front Vehicle Departure Warning.