and in page macOS Monterey Features Precise printing indicates that several features require a Mac with an M1 chip.
Here are the new features that you won’t be able to use in macOS Monterey:
- FaceTime Portrait Mode: that blurs the background behind you while you’re on a video call.
- Live Text: Allows you to copy and paste, search or translate text within images.
- New interactive 3D globe view in Maps.
- More detailed maps of cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and London in the Maps app.
- Text-to-speech in more languages, including Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and Finnish.
- Dictation on the device that makes all processing operations happen offline.
- Unlimited keyboard dictation, previously dictation was limited to 60 seconds.
Apple hasn’t explained why none of these features are available on Intel-based Macs.
It is worth noting that Apple is currently in a two-year transition from Intel processors to custom Apple silicon chips in Mac computers, and the change is scheduled to be completed by WWDC 2022.
Macs equipped with the M1 chip have proven to be much faster than their Intel counterparts, with even the base model MacBook Air with the M1 chip outperforming the 16-inch Intel-based MacBook Pro.
Disclaimer The Bal Baladi website operates automatically without human intervention, and therefore all articles, news and comments published on the site are the responsibility of the owners and management of the site does not bear any moral or legal responsibility for the content of the site.
“All rights reserved to their respective owners”
Source :” Arab Hardware ”