According to the “Brand Finance” Foundation, which is concerned with calculating the values of the largest brands in the world, Real Madrid ranked first with a brand valued at 1.276 billion euros.
The foundation’s report said that the royal team’s remarkable participation in the Champions League during the past years was a major factor in raising the value of its brand.
During the past 7 years, Real Madrid have won the Champions League 4 times.
The list included only 5 clubs whose trademarks have crossed the one billion euro mark, which are Real Madrid and their Spanish rivals Barcelona, then Manchester United and Manchester City of England and Bayern Munich.
The list of the ten clubs with the most valuable brands included 6 English clubs, while Italian clubs were completely absent from them, and the order came as follows:
1. Real Madrid: 1.276 billion euros.
2. Barcelona: 1.266 billion euros.
3. Manchester United: € 1.130 billion.
4. Manchester City: € 1.118 billion.
5. Bayern Munich: 1.068 billion euros.
6. Liverpool, England: 973 million euros.
7. Paris Saint-Germain, France: 887 million euros.
8. Chelsea, England: 769 million euros.
9. Tottenham Hotspur: 723 million euros.
10. Arsenal: 675 million euros.