Subscribe to receive the most important news
The Director-General of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom, said that the second year of the Corona pandemic may be more deadly than the previous one, noting that India is a source of great concern. Adhanom’s comments came during an online meeting, after Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi sounded the alarm about the rapid spread of the disease in the sprawling Indian countryside..
The Director-General of the World Health Organization added that the world is witnessing today a moral disaster, as a handful of rich countries have bought most of the vaccines at a time when other countries do not find enough to vaccinate health workers with them, and he called on rich countries to reconsider their position and return some vaccine doses to a facility. Kovacs to deliver to the countries where they are most needed.
In response to journalists’ questions about the organization’s recommendation regarding the tendency of some countries, such as the United States, to allow not to wear masks after a large number of residents received Corona vaccines, the organization’s expert, Dr. Maria Van Kerkov, said that the organization recommends wearing masks as part of a comprehensive strategy to combat the virus, and with Taking into account the amount of the virus, its presence, the size of the spread, and the numbers of those who were vaccinated.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated, Friday, that more than 155 million people in the United States have received at least one dose of anti-virus vaccines, and the authority clarified, according to the US CNN news network, that this number includes about 2.4 1 million children under the age of 18.
The American Network said that 268 million 438 thousand and 666 total doses have been injected in the United States so far, adding that about 47% of the United States population has received at least one dose of vaccines, and nearly 36% of the United States population have been fully vaccinated..
And British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has warned that the Indian Corona variable, the most ferocious so far, could “pose a serious disruption” to ease the restrictions of the closures, and may make it more difficult to end them in June as planned, and Johnson said: “I do not think we need, on the basis of Current evidence is delaying our roadmap and we will continue our plan to move to the third step in England from Monday».
In a sharp turn, 4 days after telling the public that the end was imminent, the prime minister sent a notice that he would “put the brakes on” if the infection from India proved to have spread. Johnson said the next few weeks would be vital, adding: “This does not mean that it is.” It is impossible to be able to proceed with the fourth step. ” Johnson announced that individuals over the age of 50 would receive a second vaccination after eight weeks instead of 12 due to concerns about the Indian variant..
Recent figures show that the number of infections it causes has nearly tripled in England over the past week, and Japan has signed a contract with Pfizer to receive additional doses of its vaccine for 25 million people by next September..