Saudi Arabia: Al-Ittihad defeats Al-Hilal and is close to the top of the league – Al-Riyadi – Arab stadiums


Al-Ittihad has decided the top of the matches of the 25th stage of the Prince Muhammad Bin Salman Football League (Saudi Professional League) in his favor after defeating its guest Al-Hilal 2-0, today, Friday.

Al Ittihad advanced through Abdel Mohsen Fallata in the 26th minute, before Saud Abdel Hamid added the second goal in the last minute of the original time for the first half.

Al-Ittihad raised its score to 45 points, to occupy third place on goal difference behind second-placed Al-Shabab, who plays with Al-Batin tomorrow, and three points behind leaders Al-Hilal.

On the other hand, Al-Hilal, the leader of the standings with 48 points, received their first defeat in the competition since losing to Al-Nasr, 0/1, on February 23, in the 20 th stage.

Al-Ittihad entered the match strongly, and its players seemed to have a strong desire to win, at a time when Al-Hilal began the meeting cautiously, preferring to absorb the pressure of its host first and then start launching attacks.

The first minutes of the match passed without any seriousness, as Al-Ittihad’s attacks missed a proper end from the offensive line, while Al-Hilal goalkeeper Abdullah Al-Mayouf shined at banishing dangerous opportunities.

The only chance expressing the danger in the match was for Al-Hilal, as its player, Gang Hyun Soo, hit a ball that hit the post to prevent Al Hilal from scoring the lead in the 11th minute.

In the 26th minute, Al Ittihad managed to score the first goal through Abdel Mohsen Fallata, who promoted a corner kick by fellow Brazilian Romarino, to direct it with a header in the net of Al Hilal, announcing the progress of his team with the first goal.

Abdel Aziz Al-Bishi almost scored the second goal in the 34th minute, when he hit a wonderful ball from outside the penalty area, but Al-Mayouf brilliantly kept it away.

In the last minute of the first half, Al Ittihad scored its second goal through Saud Abdel Hamid, who received a ball from the right side to hit a ball that hit the post and turned inside the net of Mayouf.

With the beginning of the second half, Al-Hilal rushed to search for a goal to reduce the difference in order to return to the match.

Vito, Al Hilal’s player, hit the ball from near Grohe, Al Ittihad goalkeeper, but he hit the ball over the crossbar to miss the opportunity to reduce the difference in the 55th minute.

And Grohe returned to shine again and dealt with a header from Vito in the 61st minute, after the latter received an elaborate cross from French striker Baftembe Gomez.

The referee used the technique of video assistant referee (VAR) to cancel a goal scored by Al-Ittihad striker Harun Camara, where (Var) showed the presence of a handball on the Al-Ittihad player before scoring the goal.

Grohe continued his brilliance to block another shot from Vito, who seemed to have a special match against the goalkeeper.

In the sixth minute of the calculated time instead of lost for the second half, Andre Carrillo of Al Hilal hit a ball from a direct free kick, but it collided with the right post of Grohe’s goal.

The remaining minutes of the second half did not witness anything new, as the referee blew the final whistle with Al-Ittihad’s 2-0 victory over Al-Hilal.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here