The automatic playback feature for video content is one of the features that cause inconvenience to many users, especially when browsing other content on social platforms or the browser, or autoplay may lead to the appearance of harmful, violent or unwanted content, and to disable this feature you can follow the following steps .
Turn off video content on FACEBOOK
When using Facebook on your browser, you can disable the auto-play feature for video content as follows:
- Head over to the sliding menu at the top to the right of the page.
- Choose settings, from it to privacy, and then privacy settings.
- Look for “Videos” on the left side of the settings menu, from which you can choose to switch to close automatic playback of video content.
- The same steps are also available for the Facebook application on the Android platform as well as on iOS.
Facebook application on the iOS platform
- Click on the button assigned to the menu on the screen
- Then choose the Settings and Privacy tab, and then choose the Settings tab
- Scroll down to the “Media and Contacts” tab, where you can select the Photos and Videos tab
- The user will have an option “Autoplay”, where they can choose to disable the feature.
Facebook application on the Android platform
- Click on the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen
- Scroll down to the Security & Privacy tab, then Settings.
- Scroll down to “Media and Contacts” and when clicking on this tab, the user can choose to stop playing the video content automatically via “Autoplay”, where an option appears to turn off the feature completely.
Turn off TWITTER’s autoplay video content
- Clicking on the “More” option in the menu on the left side of the screen, including the settings and privacy tab
- Selecting the Access Permit, Screen and Language tab, including “Data usage”.
- And then click on “Autoplay” in the settings, from which you can switch to the option to disable the automatic playback feature for video content.
To disable the feature on the Twitter application on the Android platform and iOS
- Click on the profile picture at the top of the phone screen
- Choose the settings and privacy tab in the menu
- Then you can search for the “Data usage” tab, and from where you can set the automatic playback of video content to stop permanently.
Turn off autoplay video content feature on Instagram
Instagram does not offer an option to turn off autoplay video content, but the audio in videos can be muted when Instagram is running on the browser.
Stop playing video content on the Android app
- The feature can be turned off by going to your profile and then clicking on the three lines on the right side
- Go to the settings and from there to the user’s personal account tab, from which the “Cellular Data Use” tab can be selected.
- In the Android system, the user can click to run “Data Saver”, then choose “High Resolution Media,” and from there, choose “Never” to disable preloading of video content.
- Also, on the iOS platform, the user will have to tick “Use Less Data”.
Turn off autoplay video content on REDDIT
The video content is played automatically in the REDDIT app by default, however turning off the automatic video content can be done in a smooth and fast way.
Shutdown in the new design of the app
- Click on the username in the upper right corner, and then choose User Settings in the menu
- Choose the “Feed settings” tab at the top of the page, and then switch to disable “Autoplay media”.
Shutdown in the old version of the app
- Click on “Preferences” next to the username in the right side of the top
- Find Auto-Off for video content in “Media”.
In the REDDIT mobile app
- Click the icon next to the search window, then click Settings.
- A “Autoplay” option will appear at the top of the page, where the feature can be disabled smoothly.
Disable automatic playback of video content in CHROME
It’s hard to turn off autoplay for video content in Chrome, but audio in video content can be turned off
- Click on the three dots on the top side to the right
- Choosing settings, including choosing site settings, including selecting the audio tab. Then the acoustics can be disabled. You can also select to stop the acoustics in specific locations.
In Microsoft’s EDGE Browser
Edge lets you turn off automatic video content in a specific set of video content by:
- Clicking on the three points at the top and then choosing the settings, including site permissions selection from the right column, and you can choose “Media autoplay” where you can select to automatically play content in specific sites.