The Food and Drug Authority in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia recently posted a post on Twitter that helps solve this problem.
You can infer fresh fish by means of several signs, get to know them. # VoiceTweet Food_Medicine https://t.co/Jic0S4Ar1x
And to avoid standing in front of the seafood section for too long at a time, here are some signs that your fish is fresh.
5 signs of fresh fish:
- the eyes: Glossy, shiny, sheer, not sunken-in
- Nostrils: It is bright and red, in addition to being free of sticky substances, and with a natural scent
- Scales: It should be shiny and not sticky, and it should be difficult to separate from the skin when rubbed against the fingers in the opposite direction.
- Textures: The skin is so firm that it does not leave a sunken mark when the hand is raised after pressing it, and it must be free of bruises as well.
- Odor: Unfresh fish has a strong, pungent odor that resembles the smell of ammonia