Meghan Markle accuses Buckingham Palace of spreading lies about her | Al Anbaa Newspaper

0
24


Megan Markle

BBC

The Duchess of Sussex, Megan Markle, said that Buckingham Palace could not be expected from her and her husband, Prince Harry, to keep quiet while “lies are spreading about them.”

In a teaser for a conversation with the famous TV presenter Oprah Winfrey, Megan, in the presence of her husband, was asked what she expected from Buckingham Palace when he heard her “tell her view of events,” and the Duchess of Sussex replied: “If it is a question of risking losing things, much is already lost.”

Buckingham Palace is investigating the truth about allegations of Meghan Markle’s bullying of palace employees.

Winfrey’s interview with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex is broadcast on Sunday in the United States and Monday in the United Kingdom.

It is expected that the dialogue will touch on the details of Harry and Meghan’s life when they were working members of the royal family before relinquishing that status last March and moving to live in the United States.

In a thirty-second teaser broadcast on CBS, the anchor asks the Duchess of Sussex: “How do you think the reaction of Buckingham Palace when they hear you narrate events from your point of view today?”

Megan replied, “I don’t know how they can expect, after all this time, that we can be silent while the machine is active to spread lies around us.”

Harry and Meghan: Oprah Winfrey hosts the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in a TV interview

Attack on Meghan’s person

After recording Winfrey’s interview, the British newspaper The Times on Wednesday published a report that the Duchess of Sussex faced a bullying complaint while she was a working member of the royal family.

The complaint was filed, according to the newspaper, in October 2018, while Megan was living with her husband Harry at Kingston Palace.

The newspaper published a leaked email from a palace employee claiming that Megan fired two of her personal assistants from the palace and questioned the honesty of a third employee.

In a later statement, Buckingham Palace – which is responsible for its employees – expressed grave concern about what was published by the newspaper.

The statement noted that a specialized team will investigate the circumstances of what was mentioned in the press report.

The statement said: “Minors’ workers enjoy the dignity guaranteed by the work policy, which does not and will not tolerate any bullying or harassment in the workplace.”

Officials of the palace, past and present, will be invited to testify about their experiences working with Meghan Markle.

Meghan and Prince Harry deny the bullying allegations.

“The Duchess of Sussex is sad after this latest attack on her person, just as a person who has fallen victim to bullying, and she is fully committed to supporting those who are suffering pain or trauma,” said Meghan’s spokesman in a statement in response to the Times report.

Prince Harry said earlier that the decision to abdicate royal duties was to protect himself and his family from the press.

And it was announced last month that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would no longer be working members of the royal family.

CBS, which conducted the interview, said that Meghan will talk about the experience of “giving up the life of the royal palace, about marriage and motherhood, and about how to face life under public pressure,” with Prince Harry joining the dialogue at a later time, so that the couple will talk about The experience of moving to the United States last year, and about their future plans.

In a previous CBS teaser, Prince Harry compared what his late mother Princess Diana had received with what his wife Meghan received.







LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here