The Duchess of Sussex, Megan Markle, said life in the royal palace was “different from what people imagine”.
In a televised interview scheduled to be broadcast on Sunday in the United States, the American broadcaster, Oprah Winfrey, the Duchess of Sussex, asked the secret of agreeing to hold the dialogue now after being rejected earlier.
Megan replied, “Now I have my decision in a different way, at the time it was not my decision.”
“I feel free now and I can speak for myself,” said the Duchess of Sussex.
Meanwhile, Buckingham Palace is investigating allegations that Megan bullied employees of the royal Kensington Palace where she lived with her husband.
The Times published a report on the allegations after recording the interview with Winfrey. Megan described it as “the last attack on her person”.
The full dialogue will be broadcast on CBS America, and it is expected that it will delve into the details of Harry and Meghan’s life, when they were members of the royal family, before giving up that capacity last March and moving to live in the United States.
In the last video clip, broadcast by the American Network this Friday morning, Winfrey asked the Duchess of Sussex: “I asked to have a conversation with you in February or maybe in March of 2018 before the wedding, but you said that the time is not right, and lo and behold. We are finally sitting down and chatting. “
Megan replied, “Yes, I remember that dialogue very well. Even that dialogue I was not allowed to have with you. There were always people (from the communications team).”
When asked about the secret of agreeing to hold the dialogue now, Megan replied: “Now we are on the other side with a lot of life experiences … Now our decision is in our hands as it was not before when I apologized for having the dialogue with you.”
The Duchess of Sussex said: “As an adult, I lived an independent life before entering the palace, in which the atmosphere of life differs from what people think. I say that what makes a person feel free is his ability to decide and speak for himself.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex relinquished their role as active members of the royal family in March 2020, before moving to California, the United States.
And it was announced last month that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would no longer be working members of the royal family.
Prince Harry said earlier that the decision to relinquish the royal duties was to protect himself and his family from a “toxic” atmosphere caused by the British press that nearly “shattered his psyche”, as he put it.
Deals have been struck with 17 countries around the world so far to obtain the right to broadcast Oprah Winfrey’s dialogue with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Winfrey promised her audience that the dialogue would be “extremely shocking.”
CBS, which conducted the interview, said that Meghan will talk about the experience of “giving up the life of the royal palace, about marriage and motherhood, and about how to face life under public pressure,” with Prince Harry joining the dialogue at a later time, so that the couple will talk about The experience of moving to the United States last year, and about their future plans.
The network aired several teaser clips of the dialogue that generated millions of views.
After the first two teaser clips were broadcast, The Times released her report on allegations of Meghan bullying employees at Kensington Palace where the Duchess was living with her husband after the wedding.
Buckingham Palace expressed its grave concern about what was published by The Times, noting that a specialized team would investigate the circumstances of what was stated in the newspaper’s report.
Meghan and Prince Harry deny the bullying allegations.
“The Duchess of Sussex is grieving after this recent attack on her person, just as a person who has fallen victim to bullying, and she is fully committed to supporting those who are suffering pain or trauma,” said Meghan’s spokesperson in a statement in response to the Times report.