Games have evolved greatly during the recent period, as It has developed in terms of graphics, and the adoption of new technologies, such as: ray tracing, And thus increased in size, This led to problems when playing it on computers, such as: longer download times, slower download speeds; Which affects gaming performance.
If you are using a computer running an operating system Windows 10 In gameplay, you probably will not need to upgrade to an expensive computer to improve the performance of games, as some simple methods can be used to improve the performance of games in Windows 10 easily, and in this article we will give you some tips and necessary methods for that.
1- Make sure that the computer specifications are suitable for games:
This point is the most important factor that affects the performance of games, but users still ignore the comparison of computer specifications with the minimum requirements of the game, without proper computer specifications you will likely face problems in running games.
One of the most important computer specifications that you should keep in mind before playing games is the central processing unit (CPU), graphics processing unit (GPU).
There are two main types of CPUs that run on Windows computers, namely: Intel and AMD processors, and although there is an ongoing debate about which is the best, there is almost a consensus that the company’s processors AMD It is the best in the last few years, especially in terms of cost and performance.
In addition, Windows 10 computer must have a good graphics processing unit (GPU) so that the computer does not have a problem in dealing with the high frame rate in games to get a smooth gaming experience, and the basic standard is that it has a capacity of 8 GB or higher.
2- Updating the graphics card driver continuously:
Updating the graphics drivers in Windows 10 computer will quickly discover and fix errors, as it helps the CPU to run well, cool it properly, and improve energy efficiency, which helps in greatly improving the performance of games, and makes the gaming experience on the computer more enjoyable. .
To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows logo in the lower left corner of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, click on the “Device Manager” option.
- In the window that appears, expand the list of (Display adapters), then right-click on the graphic card.
- From the menu that appears, select the option (Update driver) Update driver and then follow the instructions on the screen.
3- Ignore notifications:
The appearance of notifications repeatedly during gaming can distract you and affect the performance of your Windows 10 computer as well, for this you should ignore the notifications or stop them completely, and to do so, follow the following steps:
- Go to the Settings page on your computer.
- Click on the “System” section.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the Notifications and actions option.
- Toggle the button under the Notifications section to Off.
4- Disable keyboard accessibility features:
The keyboard and mouse are one of the main reasons why computer games outperform gaming platforms, so there is nothing worse than pressing multiple keys at the same time while playing. However, you can disable the ease of access of the keyboard in Windows 10 when playing games. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the search box next to the Windows logo type: Ease of Access.
- In the menu that appears for you, click on the option (Ease of Access keyboard settings).
- In the screen that appears to you, switch the button below the option (Sticky Keys) to the off position.
- Switch the button below the Use Toggle Keys option to the off position.
5- Disable apps running in the background:
Windows 10 computer comes with many pre-installed applications, as these applications run in the background even when they are not used, and as they continue to work, they consume computer resources, which affects your gaming experience, which requires stopping them to improve the performance of games. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the (Settings) page on the computer.
- Click on the option (privacy) Privacy.
- Under (Application Permissions) App Promotions section on the left side of the screen, click on the (Background applications) option.
- On the right side of the screen, you can stop all apps from running in the background by toggling the button next to the Let Apps run in the Background option in the upper section.
- Alternatively, you can stop each app individually in the section below by toggling the power button next to it to the off position.
6- Ensure that the network speed is adequate to play:
When you play online on a Windows 10 computer, crashes can occur when network problems cause delay in latency – the time it takes for your data to be sent from the computer to the Internet server and back again – so you must make sure that your network speed is suitable for playing. Check the router and disable other internet apps to ensure that only the game is receiving the data.
It is better to avoid using Wi-Fi for online games, instead; Connect the computer to the router via an (Ethernet) cable that provides less latency, which improves gaming performance and improves the overall gaming experience.