Sitting for long periods in front of a computer leads to neck pain, which in turn causes headaches
According to the author, people often turn to pain relievers when they have a headache. But the best solution is to check the underlying causes of the pain, especially if the headache is frequent and the same every time.
The location of the pain may guide us to the type of headache we suffer from, as pain in the face and forehead is a sign of a headache associated with sinus congestion, while the sensation of severe pain in the skull often indicates a migraine.
In all cases, all types of headaches occur because of the expansion of blood vessels in the head, specifically near the brain, and this means the expansion of the sensory receptors in the wall of the blood vessel, which makes us feel pain.
Understand the causes of headaches
A headache is a feeling of pain in the head; But the problem may be related to the whole body, and if we focus only on the head, we may not fully understand the cause of the headache.
People who suffer from migraines are well aware of this and often monitor the foods they eat, activities and weather conditions. Because all of that may cause migraines.
But those who suffer from natural headaches are often less aware of the causes of pain, and tension headaches are a good example of this, as it seems as if there is a narrow and heavy band pressing around your head, and this happens after a state of emotional stress, or staying for a while in an uncomfortable position For the body.
In this case, excessive activity of the muscles around the head and neck occurs; This triggers an inflammatory response that includes prostaglandin and nitric oxide, which are two chemicals that dilate blood vessels. Inflammatory chemicals also directly activate the trigeminal nerve, which is the most complex cranial nerve responsible for sensation and movement in the face.
Analgesics may not be enough
If you have foot pain, this may prevent you from playing a football match or running. You know that if you participate in these activities while you are injured, you may damage your foot more, and the recovery will take longer; But we don’t do the same thing when we have a headache, we take a pain reliever or anti-inflammatory, and continue our normal activities even though the pain receptors indicate that there is a problem that needs to be treated.
Taking paracetamol or ibuprofen will temporarily reduce pain; But the headache will recur if we cannot treat the cause. Sometimes it is clear, if you suffer from a sinus headache, the headache will go away as soon as the congestion resolves, and taking a pain reliever at that time is beneficial. But in other cases, the situation may get worse if you are satisfied with taking painkillers.
The worst is that we sometimes resort to ready meals to relax and de-stress; But these foods lead to dehydration, which is another cause of headaches. If your kidneys need an amount of water to reduce the severity of the salts and spices in a snack, it is taking them from the brain. As a result, the brain loses water, shrinks in size, and we feel pain.
Natural pain relievers
One way to get rid of headaches is by boosting the neurochemicals associated with happiness, such as serotonin, oxytocin and dopamine, the author has shown. Laughing, having fun with a close friend, or sharing some intimate moments with family are all natural ways to boost these hormones to varying degrees.
So the next time you suffer from a headache and you do not understand its causes, try to review your lifestyle and see what you can change, as the pain is trying to tell you something.
Tips to get rid of headaches without drugs
Submit a report published by the site “Deutsche Welle(Deutsche Welle) The following tips for getting rid of headaches without drugs.
- Low blood sugar may lead to headaches; Therefore, you should eat food periodically without waiting for symptoms of hunger. It is recommended to eat foods containing magnesium, such as fish and nuts. Because it calms the muscles and nerves. On the other hand, you should avoid foods containing sugar and fats, wine, chocolate, wheat, and any food containing glutamate. If a person has a headache, a cup of coffee can reduce their symptoms, as long as the body does not already contain caffeine.
- Constant pressure on the teeth may be one of the causes of headaches; Therefore, it is necessary to go to the doctor to treat this problem, as a special device can be designed to be worn to reduce pressure on the jaw.
- Sitting for long periods in front of a computer leads to pain in the neck, which in turn causes headaches. In this case, it is recommended to use a hair dryer, which releases hot air, and straighten it on the neck, shoulders and back of the head.
- If the headache occurs during the holidays or on the morning of the first working day of the week, the regularity and number of hours of sleep should be checked. Too little or too much sleep causes a headache. Therefore, the German site advises even on holidays to wake up early and not to oversleep.
- People who do not know that they are tall or short-sighted and at the same time suffer from headaches, especially after doing work that requires reading or writing, they should go to an ophthalmologist to check their visual acuity.
- Of course, stress is one of the causes of headaches, so relaxation techniques and exercises must be learned.
- Drinking water is one of the most important factors in preventing headaches. Therefore, it is advised to drink at least two liters of water daily.
- Exercising outdoors provides the body with a large amount of oxygen. It is recommended to exercise at least 30 minutes a week to reduce the incidence of headaches.
- Laughing, having fun with a close friend or sharing some intimate moments with family, according to The Independent.
Finally, if these methods do not eliminate the headache, it is advisable to consult a doctor.