Names of the planets in English
We will mention for you the names of the planets in order, listed in their distance from the sun, and the English names of the planets are:
- Venus of the flower.
- Earth the Earth.
- Mars Mars.
- Jupiter buyer.
- Saturn Saturn.
- Neptune Neptune.
At the beginning of 2016, the Astronomical Union (IAU) developed a definition for planets, and this definition stated many things, and among the most important of these things is that our solar system is a celestial body, and it is in orbit around the sun.
The orbits around the sun are present from the planets, but what is the planet? Many definitions were made that clarify the meaning of a planet, and then a vote was taken in the International Planetary Union and the three closest definitions of a planet were reached, and those definitions are the following:
- The name of a planet is applied to any object that rotates in a stable manner and in an orbit assigned to it around the sun, and this rotation must be a result of the planet’s gravity.
- The word planet, we apply it to any object that orbits around the sun, but the diameter of this object must be greater than 2000 km.
- The name of a planet is also applied to any object that circles around the sun but controls its own space.
- The planets have been divided by scientists into three classes: the planet, the dwarf planet, and the rest of the other bodies.
- The planet has been defined as a body that is made up of all or most of the types of matter, meaning that it consists of liquid substances, gaseous materials and liquid substances present together, or it is possible that only two exist together.
- It has also been defined as the body that cannot enter into the process of nuclear fusion, and it should also be mentioned that there are some planets that are somewhat gigantic and that their composition may be less or somewhat smaller than the star, and those planets are composed of atoms Hydrogen plus helium.
After knowing the names of the planets in English, you can learn more by: The arrangement of the planets according to their distance from the sun in terms of nearest or farthest
What are planets
- God – Glory be to Him – at the beginning of the universe created the solar system, and that solar system is made up of a group of planets and among those planets is the sun, and every child and every adult should get to know that solar system. As it is necessary to know the universe around us.
- And to fully realize the greatness of the Creator – Glory be to the Most High – that the solar system consists of the following:
And do not miss to learn more by: What planet is seen at night and how can we see planets at night
- The sun is the main and central star in the solar system, and it is the one that provides the planet with the necessary lighting for life, as it is the basis of light and heat on the planet, and life cannot continue without it.
- The sun is essential and important to humans, plants, animals and most living things.
Mercury is considered the first and most planet near the sun, and the temperature in Jupiter is very high due to its proximity to the sun, and Jupiter is considered the fastest planet in the planets, as many researches have been done that have proven that its speed is 50 Km per hour.
We recommend learning more about: The largest planet in the universe and the arrangement of the solar system
- Venus is the second planet in the solar system, and its temperature is lower than that of Jupiter. It was called Venus and became known by this name in all scientific circles, and this name was given to it because of the Roman goddess of beauty.
- This is because Venus has a beautiful and dazzling shape for everyone who sees it, and according to the Arabs they called it a relative, in relation to the beautiful shape of Venus.
- A planet for Earth is the planet of life, or as it is called in the solar system by the name of the blue planet, and it has been called by another name also, which is the world. Planet Earth occupies the first place among all the solar system in terms of density.
- As the density of the planet is about five and a half grams per cubic centimeter, while in terms of volume, the planet occupied the fifth place.
- Scientists believe that the earth began to form about four and a half billion years ago, and the first milestones for the appearance of life on it were about a billion years after its formation.
- Earth is called the water planet, because there is a large percentage of the seas and oceans on the planet, where the percentage of water on it is 70%, and there are many studies that say that all that water was present in the interior of the planet and was scrapped by volcanoes.
- The percentage of water on the surface of the earth is 70%, but the percentage of fresh water is only 3% of the total water percentage, while the salt water represents the rest.
- There are many people who think that the Earth is flat, but it has been proven that the Earth is spherical or oval as it is slightly swollen towards the equator.
- The planet Mars is known as Mars, and this name was given to it in relation to the god of war, and its name was derived from the word red spot in the Greek language.
- The planet Mars is similar to the Earth in many things, as there are many aspects of normal life similar to Earth on Mars.
Jupiter occupies the first place among the planets of the solar system by size. Jupiter has been called the god of the sky and lightning, and it has a number of moons in the solar system.
The planet Saturn ranks second among the planet of the solar system in terms of size as it is directly after Jupiter, and Saturn has the second largest moon of all the moons that are in the solar system.
There is an extremely large amount of gases on the surface of Uranus, which is why it has been named after the blue planet.
This planet was named after Neptune after the god of the sea found in Roman mythology, and it is considered one of the most distant planets from the sun.
Pluto is the ninth planet in the Solar System, and it was discovered soon as its discovery took place in 1930.
The planet Iris is the last planet to be discovered in the solar system, and that was in 2005, and then the African Astronomical Union classified it as one of the dwarf planets.
Thus, we have provided you with the names of the planets in English. To find out more information, you can leave a comment at the bottom of the article, and we will answer you immediately.
Note: The content of this news was written by Increase It does not express the viewpoint of Al-Ain newspaper. Rather, it was quoted with its content as it is from “IncreaseWe, through Al-Ain newspaper magazine, are not responsible for the content of the news and the custody of the previous source mentioned.