The “Safe Travel Barometer”, a comprehensive database of health and safety protocols related to the “Covid-19” virus, has classified more than 400 airports around the world, according to a press release published by the database website.
According to the October 2020 assessment, Abu Dhabi International Airport “AUH” in the UAE ranked first with a score of 4.4 out of 5, while Dubai International Airport “DXB” ranked second with a score of 4.4, while Hamad International Airport in Qatar came 4.4. In third place with a score of 4.4.
Airports ‘scores are based on independent auditing of 29 health and safety standards, in addition to initiatives that seek to comfort travelers, and the comprehensive traveler experience announced by airports, regulatory and government agencies to alleviate travelers’ anxiety and enhance their confidence.
Here is the list of the 10 safest airports in the world for October, and the points it won:
- Abu Dhabi International Airport – 4.4 out of 5
- Dubai International Airport – 4.4
- Hamad International Airport – 4.4
- Heathrow – 4.4
- Singapore “Changi” airport – 4.4
- Athens International Airport – 4.3
- Beijing Capital International Airport – 4.3
- Ben Gurion International Airport – 4.3
- Boston Logan International Airport – 4.3
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport – 4.3