Trump chief of office detonates a bomb and affirms: “We will not be able to control the Corona epidemic.”

0
18


White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows revealed Sunday that the United States “will not control” the emerging coronavirus pandemic, as cases of infection are increasing across the country. Official figures showed that 225,000 people have died from the virus since its outbreak at the beginning of this year.

“We will not control the epidemic. We will control the fact that we will come up with vaccines, treatments and other protocols to mitigate it,” Meadows told CNN reporter Jake Taber on the State of the Union program.

The statements of President Donald Trump’s office of President Donald Trump come at a time when cases of coronavirus infection are rising across the United States, amid the US administration’s continued disregard for advice from government health experts to continue wearing masks, respecting social distancing distances and avoiding large gatherings as a way to limit the spread of the virus.

The White House is also facing a possible second outbreak of the virus in its halls, after it was confirmed that at least five employees in the inner circle of Vice President Mike Pence were infected in recent days, according to a source familiar with the situation spoke to the American channel.

Under pressure from New York Governor Jack Tapper about why the United States could not control the epidemic, Meadows said, “Because the virus is contagious like the flu.” He added that the Trump administration is “making efforts to contain it.”

“What we need to do is make sure that we have the right mitigating factors, be it treatments or vaccines, to make sure people don’t die from this,” Meadows said.

The United States announced the second-highest daily rate of new cases on Saturday, with nearly 84,000 Americans infected with the deadly virus. As of Sunday, the United States had recorded at least 8,575,000 cases of coronavirus, and at least 224,800 Americans had died, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Pence will continue the campaign

With fears growing that more people around the Vice President may be infected with the virus in the coming days, Pence, who heads the Coronavirus Task Force at the White House, has no plans to self-quarantine. Pence also continues to activate President Trump’s campaign, one week before the election.

Sources reported to CNN that Vice President of Trump’s office, Mark Short, his close aide Zach Bauer and outside advisor Marty Obst were among those in the vicinity of the vice president who had tested positive for the virus.

And on Sunday evening, Short announced that he was suffering from mild symptoms of coronavirus after testing positive. “I am fine. It is difficult to know if the symptoms are related to Covid-19 or the result of four years of working in the White House. The symptoms that have appeared so far are mild,” he said.

Zach Bauer, one of the employees who tested positive, according to two sources familiar with the matter, works as a “man in the body” of Pence, meaning that his job is to accompany Pence throughout the day and night to help him in his duties and an informed source indicated to CNN that Bauer has been absent from his office since Tuesday.

In light of this, a White House official pointed out that the test conducted by Vice President Mike Pence and Second Lady Karen Pence on Sunday was negative. It is wearing a muzzle and adhering to social distancing, following the advice of doctors. ”

On the other hand, Meadows refused to disclose the extent of the spread of Covid-19 disease in the vicinity of Pence, saying, “The administration does not share personal information and that such disclosures are appropriate only in the case of the president or vice president or those in their inner circle.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here