The company has now started offering this feature to users, and the messaging feature works in both directions, which means that you can send messages from Messenger to your friends in Instagram, or send messages from Instagram to your friends in Messenger.
But there are some restrictions, as you can only message people only on Facebook through an Instagram account, and you will not be able to send messages to groups in Messenger or Facebook pages, and in the Messenger application you can send messages to any account in Instagram, not the Instagram groups that you have in the messaging service. Direct.
You should also bear in mind that the two applications have not been fully integrated, as your Messenger chats will not appear suddenly on Instagram, or vice versa, so you can search for your friends in the other application and send them directly from the application you are using now.
Below we’ll show you how to message your Facebook friends from the Instagram app:
Before starting, you must update both the Instagram and Messenger app to the latest version through the App Store, then follow the following steps:
• Open the Instagram application on your device, whether it is running Android or iOS.
• Click on the Messenger icon that appears in the upper-right corner.
• Type the name of the person you want to message in Messenger in the search bar at the top.
As you write; The results will appear at the bottom in different sections, where other people will appear in Instagram at the top, followed by the (Facebook Friends) section Facebook Friends, click on the name of the person you are looking for if it appears, or click on the option (Show all) See All to see more Facebook results.
• Once you have clicked on the name of the person you want to contact, you will see a message at the top of the screen saying “You are messaging with Facebook.” You can now send a message and your friend will see a similar notification.
• If you are not a friend of the person you want to message via Messenger, they will be asked to (accept) the message.
In addition, the messaging feature via apps is really useful for those who want to message their Facebook friends, and don’t want to have the Facebook app or Messenger installed in their phones.
It is worth noting that Facebook gradually introduces this feature to everyone, so if you do not see it now in your application, you just have to wait for a while.