A “deadly challenge” threatening the lives of teenagers on “Tik Tok” … and America warns

0
24


The US Food and Drug Administration has warned of a challenge that has become very popular among teenagers in applying “TikTok” to take dangerous doses of the allergy drug “Benadryl”.

Reports had indicated that the “fatal challenge” caused the death of a 15-year-old teenager, according to the New York Post.

Benadryl is a common over-the-counter antihistamine drug that is used to temporarily relieve symptoms caused by hay fever, upper respiratory allergy, or colds, such as a runny nose and sneezing.

The Food and Drug Administration said in its warning: “Taking higher than recommended doses of the allergy medication (Benadryl) can lead to serious heart problems, seizures, coma, or even death.”

She added, “We are aware of news reports about teenagers ending up in emergency rooms or dying after participating in the Benadryl Challenge which is being encouraged with videos posted on TikTok.”

The administration confirmed that it is investigating the related reports and is conducting a review to determine whether any additional cases have been reported, and urged TikTok to remove the challenge clips from the main application system.

And earlier in September, the drug maker, Johnson & Johnson, warned parents of the dangers of the challenge, which has been so popular with teens using the app.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here