The sporting director of the Stuttgart club, Sven Messelentat, a rookie of the German first division, said on Sunday that his club is ready to give up its Argentine striker, Nicholas Gonzalez, if he gets the appropriate financial compensation.
The 22-year-old Argentine international striker scored 14 goals in 27 Serie A matches last season, when he helped the team return to the domestic lights league again.”Everybody needs revenue in the time of the Coronavirus,” Mycelinate said on TV.
“If a party comes to us and offers us an amount that cannot reasonably be refused at the present time, we will sell the player and we will develop or buy a replacement for it,” added Messellent.
Last month, Gonzales, who joined Stuttgart on a 5-year contract in 2018, said he had informed the club of his wish to leave.
And revealed reports of the desire of a number of Premier League clubs to obtain his services.
“Certainly we are aware of the speculation surrounding the future of Nicholas Gonzalez … certainly we expect to receive an offer that we cannot refuse and then consider selling it,” said Mycelinate.
He added: “But the important thing is that Nico’s contract with us expires after 3 years, and there is no penalty clause. This simply means that everything must be done through us and that the decision will be in our hands at the end of the matter.”