Detecting the danger of disinfectants – RT Arabic

0
66


the health

Globallookpress

Emoji picture

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced that the use of methanol-containing antiseptics can lead to serious illnesses and even death.

On its official website, FDA notes that during the recent period, poisoning with ethanol-containing disinfectants has increased. And the results of testing some types of skin disinfectants revealed that they were contaminated with methanol. This is a toxic substance and causes poisoning even through the skin or mucous membrane.

Experts have discovered several cases of methanol poisoning, leading to vision loss and even death. Therefore (FDA) suggests that all users of antiseptics avoid buying dangerous antiseptics, and when the first symptoms of poisoning, such as nausea, headache, partial or total loss of vision and spasms, occur, the hospital should be reviewed immediately, since a large dose of methanol may cause unconsciousness and even death.

The administration notes that children are more susceptible to methanol poisoning, because they can take a methanol-containing skin disinfectant. The administration emphasizes the necessity of washing hands with soap and water for a period of no less than 20 seconds after being present in public places, the toilet and sneezing and before eating.

It is reported that the dermatologists in Russia, they had previously warned last May, the danger of skin antiseptics. According to them, the use of excessive disinfectants and excessive hand-washing may lead to a deterioration of the protective skin barrier, which increases the risk of cross-skin infection entering the body.

Source: Linta. Ru

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here