If you work from home, you can access your computer in the office remotely, either through another computer, or by using the (Remote Desktop) tool provided by Microsoft to access the computer remotely through an Android phone.
How can you access a computer remotely using an Android phone?
How to set up the computer for remote communication:
First: Activating the Remote Desktop Tool:
To access a remote computer, you must first set up the Remote Desktop tool on the computer in question, through the following steps:
Go to (Settings).
• Click on System.
• Click on (Remote Desktop) option on the left side of the screen.
• Turn on the toggle switch under the Remote Desktop option on the computer you wish to access remotely.
• Click “Confirm” in the popup window.
You must remember the computer name, as you will need it when setting up the connection.
• Click on the Advanced settings link.
• In the window that appears, make sure that the Network Level Authentication option is enabled, to provide an additional layer of protection to prevent uninvited and hacked guests.
Second: remote login:
By default, any user with an Administrative Account can access the computer remotely, and assuming you are using a Microsoft account or company account to log on to the computer, the best option is to use this account to log in remotely.
If you want to grant remote access to a different account, you can follow these steps:
• After activating the Remote Desktop feature, scroll down to the User Accounts section.
• Click on “Select users that can remotely access this PC.”
• Click “Add”, and enter the username of the account you want to use.
How to set up remote access from an Android phone:
Download the (Remote Desktop) application from Google Play, and once it’s installed on your Android phone, follow these steps:
• After running the application, click on the (+) sign and choose (Desktop).
• If you are near a computer, the application will search for it automatically, and if it finds the computer, its name will appear on the screen.
• If the computer name does not appear in the application screen on the phone, click on Add Manually.
• In the window that appears, type the computer name or IP address.
• To add the user name, choose Enter every time, then leave this option as is or click on the Add user account and type the user name and password.
• Click on “Show additional options” to enter your name if desired, in addition to writing the name of the “gateway” for your organization, if any.
• You can also customize other options such as: setting audio playback on a remote computer from your phone, setting display resolution options, mouse buttons, admin session, and local storage.
• When finished, click on “Save”.
Third: Connecting to a computer remotely from an Android phone:
• Click on the name and icon of the remote session you just created.
• If you receive a message saying: The certificate cannot be validated, select the option (Never ask again for connections to this PC).
• Click on Connect.
Once connected, click on the keyboard icon in the toolbar at the top to display the on-screen keyboard, then click on the Setup icon to display the side bars, and from here you can press the Start New icon to start another remote session on a different computer.
You can also press the Home screen button to return to the main screen of the application, in addition to displaying the mouse pointer by pressing the mouse pointer icon, and to disconnect the current remote session, press the (X) in your computer’s thumbnail window.