The keyboard, whether on laptop or desktop computers, is the most frequently exposed part of capturing all kinds of foreign matter, such as: dust or materials that your fingers touched last time, so it is important to know how to clean them properly. As with any cleaning task, it is important to know a few things before starting, as well as make sure that you have the equipment …
The keyboard, whether on laptop or desktop computers, is the most frequently exposed part of capturing all kinds of foreign matter, such as: dust or materials that your fingers touched last time, so it is important to know how to clean them properly. As with any cleaning task, it is important to know a few things before starting, as well as make sure that you have the equipment set for it:
• You must do the keyboard cleaning process regularly either daily by wiping it quickly before opening the computer with a piece of cloth, or a little deeper once or twice a month.
• Use compressed air to clean extremely narrow corners and hard to reach cracks, keeping in mind the reduced air pressure you are using to prevent damage to any component of the machine.
• Do not use household cleaning products, such as: glass cleaners because they undoubtedly contain a percentage of water that may damage the components of the internal laptop computers, and you can use (Isopropyl alcohol) for cleaning.
• Use soft cotton fabrics if you have a 100% cotton cloth this is an ideal choice.
• A soft toothbrush can be used to clean hard-to-reach areas and remove stains that require mild cleaning.
How to clean an external computer keyboard:
• Disconnect the keyboard from the computer to avoid accidentally clicking anything.
• Use a slightly moistened cotton cloth to gently wipe the keys and keyboard surface, no chemicals are required.
• Use a dry toothbrush to clean any dry stains that cannot be wiped.
• Use a can of compressed air to clean up dust and other hidden particles.
• Tilt the keyboard upside down and shake it well to remove the fine particles.
How to clean a laptop keyboard:
Sometimes laptop keyboards become dirty, especially when used in an outdoor environment that contains dust or dust, and with difficulty replacing them easily, here’s what to do to keep them clean:
• Turn off the laptop, disconnect the charging cable and allow it to cool.
• Use a cotton cloth to wipe the keyboard.
• Hold the laptop at a 75-degree angle and rotate it back slightly, sprinkle the keyboard with pneumatic air, and slide it left to right and from top to bottom to remove the sticky particles between the keyboard buttons.
How to disinfect a computer keyboard:
Every now and then, it is important to cleanse the computer keyboard to remove stuck microbes, here’s how to do it:
• Turn off the laptop or desktop computer, and disconnect it from any electrical source.
• Gently wipe the keyboard with a cloth dampened with antiseptic alcohol.
Wipe moisture from cleaning with alcohol with a dry cotton cloth.
Dry again with a soft, lint-free cloth such as the one used to clean glasses.