The Saudi Arabia-Yemen alliance is attacking the “transitional” Emirates .. Is enough enough?

0
101


Aden / Aziz Al-Ahmadi / Anatolia

The Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia accuses the UAE-backed transitional council of not responding to it regarding the continued work of the Yemeni Coast Guard and the last one is stepping up in response
The coalition statement came hours after a British ship was attacked
– The transitional party faces an implicit accusation from the allies of becoming a “threat” to international navigation
– A Yemeni government official for Anatolia suggested that there was no Saudi-Emirati coordination on the statementA statement issued by the “Arab Alliance” criticizing the southern “Transitional Council” in Yemen sparked angry reactions from both sides towards the other, and mutual accusations between the two sides.

The Saudi-led Arab Alliance said in a statement issued on Sunday that the Southern Transitional “has not responded to it regarding the continued work of the Yemeni Coast Guard.”

He added, “The Southern Transitional Council is preventing the Coast Guard forces from performing their operational tasks, making the naval threats in the Gulf of Aden existing.”

The accusations came hours after the British navy announced that a commercial ship belonging to her country had been attacked by “pirates” off the country’s southern coast.

The Southern Transition responded to the Arab coalition’s accusations by saying, “We will not hand over our coasts to the princes of terrorist groups in the government.”

Experts say this accusation by the “Arab coalition” is the first of its kind against the southern transitional movement, which has been used to describe itself as the strategic partner of the Arab coalition in Yemen.

Experts add that this description comes within the framework of the council’s endeavor to win the position of the coalition that has been controlling the Yemeni file since March 2015 to its side in its battle to impose the “Partition of Yemen” project, and return the country to before May 22, 1999 (the moment the Yemeni unity was announced).

But the most serious of these accusations, according to these, is the implications and political implications it holds for the “coalition view”, specifically (Saudi Arabia), for the southern transition that controls part of the southern maritime strip of Yemen.

Experts say that this control now faces “implicit” accusations from the allies, of becoming a threat to shipping lines, shipping and international trade.

Another face of congestion

Specialists say that the coalition statement also reveals another aspect of mounting congestion after the Transitional Council announced self-rule on April 26, which Saudi Arabia considered a clear violation of a political agreement it sponsored between the Council and the government last November, and received support and praise from The international community.

The right-wing and “transitional” government signed an agreement in Riyadh on November 5, 2019, which included 29 provisions to address the political, economic, military, and security conditions in the south.

The signing of the agreement came after fierce fighting between the two parties last August, which ended with the expulsion of the government, which accused the UAE of plotting a second coup against it after the Houthi coup, which Abu Dhabi denied.

Convulsive responses to transitional

In response to the coalition statement, the Southern Transitional Council announced its intention not to hand over the coast to the government he described as “terrorist.”

“Let the coalition first start by pressing President (Yemeni Abd Rabbo Mansour) Hadi to implement the Riyadh agreement which provides for changing the government and forming a partnership government with the transitional council,” deputy council president Hani bin Brik said in a tweet via Twitter.

As for Salem Al-Awlaki, a former spokesman for the transitional council, he held the coalition responsible for “acts of piracy and smuggling, and the threat to navigation lines.”

Al-Awlaki tweeted, saying: “The Saudi-led coalition controls the coast of the country from Bab al-Mandab (west) to Al-Mahra Governorate (east) … I advise to search for another peg to suspend this failure on it.”

Ahmed Al-Saleh (a leader in the Southern Transitional Council), in a tweet, also considered the coalition’s accusations as “an attempt to justify 6 years of failure, confusion and corruption.”

Government hopes revived

Experts believe that this shift in the (Saudi) stance towards the Southern Transitional Council has revived the hopes of the (Yemeni) government, which is living in a critical political situation after its loss of Aden from which it took a second (temporary) capital in early 2015, after the Houthi militants seized the Yemeni capital, Sanaa.

According to them, the government hopes that this step will mark the beginning of a bigger, more visible and stricter shift in the Saudi position towards the transitional practices.

They explained that these practices are represented in the council’s insistence to ignore calls to end its unilateral steps, and its continuation in taking more measures and decisions to strengthen the self-management project announced late last April.

Advisor to the Yemeni Information Minister Mukhtar Al-Rahbi considered in a tweet that “the transitional project (south) and the Houthis (north) are one in terms of its danger to Yemen and the Arab and Gulf national security.”

Al-Rahbi added, “They are just tools in the hands of Tehran and Abu Dhabi. The day will come when the brothers in Saudi Arabia and the world will know this.”

Another government official, in a statement to Anatolia, preferred not to be named, the accusations against the transitional, as a reflection of what he described as “the growing Saudi anger towards the rebellion of the Council, and his refusal to submit to the Kingdom’s request to withdraw from self-administration, and adhere to the requirements of the Riyadh agreement signed with the government last November.”

And on whether the last statement was made in coordination between the two main parties of the coalition (Saudi Arabia and the UAE), the same official denied his knowledge of the matter, but he returned and suggested that the Emirates would not know the statement before its issuance.

The same official also accused the UAE, of “instructing the leaders of the Southern Transitional Council to attack the coalition against the background of the statement.”

He concluded his speech by saying: “Most of the leaders of the Southern Transitional are in Abu Dhabi, including those who led the attack on the statement of the Arab coalition,” noting at the same time that officials in Saudi Arabia “are well aware of this.”

The news, published on the official page of the Anatolia Agency, is an abbreviation of a portion of the news that is presented to subscribers via the news flow system (HAS). To subscribe to the agency, please contact the following link.





LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here