Two Dutch teams file a court case after the Dutch Federation’s decision to cancel the 2019-2020 season.
Two Dutch teams playing in the second division, filed a lawsuit with the court after the decision of the Dutch Football Association, to cancel the league this season, because they will not be able to rise to the first division after canceling the ups and downs.
The Utrecht Court will hold an oral hearing on May 8.
The court said in a statement yesterday, Thursday, that the legal process will take the form of a speedy trial; the judge, who has the power to take precautionary measures, will announce his decision within two weeks at the latest.
“The blood, sweat and tears that have been asked for a year will be in vain, and this is intolerable. We believe that we owe it to our players, the technical staff, the staff, the fans and the sponsors to challenge this unfair decision,” Dutch club Kampor said in a statement.
Kampur and de Graafschap are in first and second places in the Dutch second division with 66 and 62 points respectively, giving them the right to upgrade to the First Division.
The Dutch Football Association announced last week the cancellation of the 2019-2020 season without identifying the champion and the qualification of the first-placed teams for the European leagues, due to the crisis caused by the spread of the Corona virus “Covid-19”.