Marseille’s decision heightens doubts about the future of Bouach

0
79


French club Marseille announced the departure of its Spanish sports director, Andoni Zubizarreta, a year before the end of his contract, in a move that increases doubts about the future of Portuguese coach Andreas Vyach-Bouach, who linked his fate to the presence of the former international goalkeeper.

“Marseille announces, by mutual agreement, the departure of Andoni Zubizarreta,” the Mediterranean club wrote in a statement, explaining that “the appointment of a football general manager is taking place.”

Zubizarita (58 years old) arrived in Marseille in the fall of 2016 by recommending the owner of the American club Frank McCourt and his boss, Jacques-Henri Erode.

“Andoni devoted himself to the renewal of Marseille, to rebuilding the solid foundations, to a professional group as well as the training center,” said Erod in his statement.

In turn, Zubizarreta wrote thankfully McCourt, Erode and coach Rudi Garcia: “I ended my career as sports director and set out as a fan of Marseille.”

The departure of Zubizarreta, despite Marseille’s second place in the league, comes after canceling the remainder of it due to the outbreak of the Corona virus, and thus its qualification to the Champions League in football.

On January 15, Fiach-Boach announced its support for the work of “Zobi”, which brought him to the club last summer: “I came here first because of the club’s growing up and secondly for Andoni Zubizarita. I previously said that my future is completely related to his future.”

Fuchini as provided by Alice and Nadine Abdel Aziz







LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here