Today, Friday, May 22, 2020, Al-Ahly Club is crowned with the title of Club of the Century for the 20th century on the continent of Africa. On May 22, 2001, the historic president of the Red Castle, “Salim Salim” received the award in the capital of South Africa, despite the lapse of 20 years since the anniversary of the coronation, However, the coronation still raises a lot of confusion, as Zamalek confirms that he was entitled to this coronation, and to preserve the rights of the club, the Al-Abyad administration went to the International Sports Court, and on February 18, 1994, Egyptian newspapers published the regulations of the Century Club, which were announced at the time, but what Are the reasons for Al-Ahly club winning the club’s title in the twentieth century?
Initially approved AU rating points:
|Cup Winners Cup||4 points|
|African Champions League Clubs Champions||4 points|
|The runner-up in the two championships||3 points|
|The team that reaches the quarter-finals||Point|
|The team that reaches the semi-finals||Point|
|African Super Winner||Point|
Classification points adjustment 1997
- Runner-up: 4 points
- Club Africain Champion: 5 points.
- The two groups in the quarter-finals are 3 points.
- His last position in the two groups: point.
- Third place holder: two points.
- With the end of the century, and through the participation of Al-Ahly in the different tournaments, Al-Ahly managed to lead the classification of the club of the twentieth century with 40 points.
- Zamalek came in second place with a score of 37 points.
Ahli points last century
- After winning Al-Ahly in the African Champions League clubs twice, during 1982 and 1987, he won 8 points.
- After Al-Ahly was crowned 4 times in the Cup Winners’ Cup in 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1993, he won 16 points.
- Al-Ahly managed to reach the final of the African Champions League Clubs Championship in 1983, with 3 points.
- Al-Ahly managed to reach the semi-finals of the African Club Championship twice in 1981 and 1988, and it scored 4 points.
- Al-Ahly managed in 1999 and 2000 to get second place in its group in the quarter-finals of the African Club Championship on the modern system, and he got 6 points.
- In 1977 and 1991, Al-Ahly managed to reach the quarter-finals of the African Champions League Clubs Championship, obtaining two points.
- In 1992 he reached the quarter-finals of the African Cup Winners’ Cup, earning one point.