Facebook confirmed yesterday that it will acquire the Giphy service for storing and moving the image search engine with a deal worth up to $ 400 million. Next we show a set of information on this transaction.
– The value of this deal is 400 million dollars.
Giphy service integrates with various Facebook applications, including Whatsapp, Instagram and others.
– Giphy will continue to operate independently as it is now and will not be closed.
– The Giphy platform will work with the Facebook brand and will provide more for developers to integrate into their applications.
Facebook will expand its investment in developing Giphy in addition to improving the relationship between users with content and images that they design and upload on the one hand, and developers on the other hand.
– There is about 50% of the use of Giphy content within different Facebook applications.
– Facebook said that GIPHY will join the Instagram service team.
– Facebook has said that it plans to integrate Giphy’s GIF library into Instagram and its other applications.