New Minecraft worlds from top content creators
As we prepare for the new Minecraft release with ray tracing technology, game developers have been working with some of the world’s most talented content makers in the Minecraft community. Today, the first results of this collaboration are presented in a series of screenshots that show their amazing work. The screenshots feature worlds created by the creators of Razzleberries, BlockWorks, and GeminiTay, only a few creators have been chosen because of their imagination and impressive record in making contributions to the Minecraft community.
- Scientist Temples and Totems RTX From Razzleberries – The world of adventures focuses players on exploring and completing challenges in mysterious temples. Each temple displays emission for every pixel and shadows in real time, and takes advantage of global lighting to create an immersive experience for players.
- Scientist Imagination Island RTX From BlockWorks – a fully explorable theme park filled with Eeaster eggs, it hosts four distinct lands, each dedicated to a real-time ray tracing element. In this scene, we see the central visitor to the park, whose rays are visible in real time through the windows, twinkling on the floor.
- Crystal Palace RTX From GeminiTay – a survival plan with an eccentric fantasy theme featuring a brilliantly built castle. Traced shadows and real-world atmosphere create in this world based on 1: 1 scale.
Learning tools to enable creators for Minecraft
NVIDIA has also revealed a series of tools and guides that the Minecrafters can use to create immersive, real-world worlds. Originally scheduled to be released at the GTC conference, these educational tools are released online as part of the GTC Digital and include:
- To Create Material-Based Render (PBR) Render – A guide and tutorial that delves into the detail behind Minecraft with Track Tracking, RTX and PBR Texture and how you work together to create stunning scenes. It includes a step-by-step to create your own PBR materials and detail packages.
- Converting Java worlds to RTX worlds – NVIDIA partnered with Minecraft creators to craft a guide to unofficial best practices for converting your world into Bedrock Windows 10 Edition, which is the next Minecraft foundation with RTX.
NVIDIA teams worked hard, along with Microsoft, to bring worlds that are completely tracked with reflections, shadows, global illumination, and other realistic lighting effects that naturally interact with the physical textures applied to Minecraft blocks. These PBR materials enable emission for every pixel, volumetric effects, and other scenes that have not been seen before, and that along with traced path effects start the next development of Minecraft.
Stay tuned for more information about Minecraft with RTX, which will be released soon.
the world of Technology