Turkish Interior Minister Suleiman Soylu confirmed that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has not provided his country with any information about the presence of people infected with Coronavirus among Turkish pilgrims.
This came in an interview with a private Turkish channel, in which he commented on the emergence of the new Corona virus among pilgrims returning from Saudi Arabia.
Soilo said the Turkish Ministry of Health immediately took all necessary measures when the first case of corona virus appeared among the returnees from Umrah.
Regarding the measures his ministry is taking to curb the spread of Corona, Soylu said, he will not close the popular markets in the country, but rather will intensify controls.
He continued in this context, saying: “The popular markets will not be closed, but intensive controls will be put in place, and entry and exit operations for these markets will be monitored.
It is noteworthy that Turkey has so far recorded 59 deaths and injuries of two thousand and 433 people with the new Corona virus.
As of Thursday noon, Corona afflicted more than 478,000 people in the world, more than 21,000 of whom had died, while more than 114,000 had recovered.
The spread of the virus forced many countries to close their borders, suspend flights, impose a curfew, disrupt the study, cancel several events, prevent public gatherings, and close mosques and churches.