The Sultanate of Oman announced today, Sunday, the closure of all land, sea and air ports and preventing entry of non-Omanis to the Sultanate, except for citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries.
During its meeting today, the Supreme Committee in charge of discussing a mechanism to deal with developments resulting from the spread of Corona virus (Covid ۱۹) decided the following:
- Stopping entry of non-Omanis to the Sultanate’s lands from all land, sea and air outlets, except for citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council states.
- Quarantine applies to all arrivals to the Sultanate from various land, sea and air outlets, including Omanis.
- Close public parks and parks.
- Stop stopping Friday prayers.
- Stop social gatherings such as wedding and solace occasions.
These decisions will be applied as of Tuesday 17 March 2020.
The committee called on everyone to make more commitment to preventive instructions at the individual and collective levels, and the committee’s decisions and recommendations come within the framework of its keen concern for the health and safety of individuals and limiting the spread of the virus in the local community.