The mass crowd was banned during the Olympic torch relay

0
80


For fear of the Corona virus, the organizing committee of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics decided Monday to ban the mass attendance at the Olympic torch relay ceremony.
The ceremony will witness the attendance of only 100 guests from the International Olympic Committee and the Organizing Committee for the Olympics, and the mass attendance will be banned during the rehearsal ceremony for the Olympic torch relay tomorrow, Wednesday.The organizers of the Tokyo Olympics 2020 decided to reduce the activities of the Olympic flame arrival ceremony due to the spread of Corona virus.

Yoshiro Mori, head of the organizing committee for the two parties, said earlier that Japan will not send 140 children to Greece to participate in the flame party on March 19, the day before its arrival in Japan.

The torch will roam across Japan for a period of four months, starting on March 25, from Fukushima Prefecture, which is 250 kilometers northeast of Tokyo.

The torch is scheduled to arrive at the opening ceremony of the Olympics on July 24, at the Olympic Stadium in Tokyo.

Olympic officials confirmed that the planning for the Olympics is going on as specified.

“The executive board of the committee did not discuss the possibility of postponing or canceling the Olympics during its meeting in Lausanne,” said IOC President Thomas Bach.





LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here