As the Google Blog explains, the company announced updates in conjunction with its attendance at the BETT 2020 educational conference in London, which focuses on the use of information technology in education, and it is clear that the search giant sees Chromebooks in schools as the main driver of its success.
Google said: It provides support and updates to the Chrome OS auto-update program for up to 8 years with the price of the Chrome Education upgrade program raised, and the Chrome OS auto-update policy has begun with three years of automatic updates, but the company has extended it over time.
The company explained that the Chrome OS auto-update policy covers an eight-year period for Chromebook devices that launch in 2020 and beyond, for example, Lenovo 10e Chromebook Tablet and Acer Chromebook 712 will receive automatic updates until June 2028.
Google also reported that the Google Admin Console has been updated with more controls, and the company has raised the pricing for the Chrome Education upgrade program, which helps IT administrators oversee a range of devices and permits security management, remote device disruption, and policy development, from $ 30 to $ 38 .
Topics related to what you are reading now:
Education is a key area of Chromebook efforts from Google, and Chromebooks are also gaining strength in the enterprise field as well, with Dell and HP issuing more support and management options, while Microsoft announced new devices for education last week.
The research giant said: There are 40 million Chromebooks in use worldwide in education, an increase of 10 million over the same period last year, when there were 30 million users.
“We launched Chromebooks 10 years ago to re-imagine what personal computers can do, so we set out to create devices that are fast, simple, and secure, and now 40 million students and teachers use Chromebooks.”
Other items include:
- Google Admin Console improvements with 10x faster page loading and improved search, there is also a hardware page where auto update dates are listed, and app management is also available for users, browsers, and guests.
- Launching new devices like ASUS Chromebook Flip C214, Lenovo 500e Chromebook and Lenovo Chromebook 10e tablet.
- New updates to Chromebook App Center, which now includes over 270 applications.
- General availability of Google Classroom Assessment Reports.
- Update the list of creativity apps for Chromebooks to include more creators, educators, parents, and students. The Six Creativity Suite includes WeVideo for Movies and Reports, Book Creator for Stories and Comics, Infinite Painter for Artwork, Squid for Notes and Sketches, and Soundtrap for Podcast and Music.
If you have any questions about this article, Google promises eight years of updates to Chromebooks, please contact us